Friday, May 13, 2011

Why Facebook is awesome!


It's still amazing to me how much smaller the world is compared to only a few years ago. For me it works something like this.

Eventhough cars are not allowed to go any faster than 10 years ago, boats still have to battle the waves and flying to Amsterdam has taken 10 hours for as long as I've known, the world has gotten smaller. This morning I emailed my aunt seconds after she emailed me her new address, I was on a chat with my brother in Holland and made friends on Facebook in Montana in an instant.

For example the lady in Tennessee... I've never met her, I've never heard her voice or seen her handwriting, yet somehow there seems to be a connection. She happens to have a sense humor that's somewhat like mine, she has smart comments and inspires people around her. At least that's the impression I have of this lady. I don't really remember how or when we connected on Facebook but I found out enough about her in the last couple of months to know that if I ever have a client moving to TN or a family member that needs to sell a home in TN; she'd be the first on my mind to contact.

Facebook is one way to meet people, stay in contact with people and sometimes just unwind and waste time with.

I think Facebook is an awesome way to express and sometimes, promote yourself.

No comments: