Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It all starts with looking around.

This weekend I was at my open house. Both Saturday and Sunday. Great weather to be out and about as a buyer to look at all the homes that were open to the public.

As I was setting up the flags and banners to attract you to my open house, a neighbor from a couple of streets over cane by and asked if he could look inside. Of course!

I normally give a quick run-down of the home that I'm holding open. Bedroom count, bath', square feet, lot size and then invite you to take the Grand Tour, regardless of the size of the home. I have some flyers about the home, however you have to see the home to find out if it will work for you, not read about it... After the "Grand Tour" the neighbor was about to leave. I asked him if he'd been looking at homes for a while or just started. "Oh, I've been looking for a couple of weeks now." was his reply. So, I asked how he went about finding homes to look at. Are you using the internet, a Realtor..? The internet was his way of learnig about homes for sale. He didn't realize that only aproximately 10-15% of all homes for sale will ever have an open house. Of course I offered to help him in looking for homes and get him into the 85% of homes that do not have an open house. I asked if he'd done his homework in regards to financing the home.

At the end of our chat this gentleman agreed that talking to a lender and meeting with me at the office to go over the home buying process was of value to him. We set the appointment at a time that is convenient for him and I arranged for a lender to reach out to him to answer all his questions.

As easy as that, conversations happened 4 or 5 times this past weekend. NO pressure but tons of information to help you the buyer make informed decisions. Decisions that will lead you to be a homeowner because you understand and see the benefits, homeownership brings with it.

Next time I'll talk about the buyer consultation. Not a boring dry meeting but digging deep in to what you want. You are buying YOUR home; not mine. It is therefore all about YOU!

Enjoy the day and visit www.562HomeGuy.com to start your search today.

You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Just type in "562HomeGuy" or "Robin Auwerda"

No comments: